Did you know… neutering can have significant preventative health care benefits for your pet?
Whether you have a new puppy or kitten at home, or a slightly older pet, neutering can play an important part in their healthcare for a happy and healthy lifestyle.
At Hawick Vets, your pet is in the safest of hands. We have a team of experienced veterinary surgeons and registered veterinary nurses along with the best facilities to ensure your pets are well looked after.
What’s more, members of our Pet Health for Life plan can claim a 10% discount on any neutering treatment following an initial consultation with one of our vets.
To discuss when’s the right time for your pet, please book an initial consultation where we will discuss the options with you.
Benefits of neutering your pet
Neutering is a surgical procedure performed under general anaesthesia to remove part or all of an animal’s reproductive organs, preventing them from reproducing. In males, it is called castration and in females, spaying.
- Prevents unwanted pregnancies and womb infections
- Can help prevent tumours and breast cancer
- Can also help prevent testicular cancer and prostate disease
- Assists in preventing roaming and aggressive behaviour
- It’s normal to neuter! 86% of owned cats and 71% of owned dogs in the UK are neutered*
*PSDA Paws report 2020
Find out more about neutering your dog, cat or rabbit by clicking the images below: