When you choose a vet, you want to be confident that their facilities are well-equipped and support staff expertise — this ensures that convenient in-house treatment is available for as many conditions as possible.
We have good working relationships with a number of referral centres and visiting specialists if a second opinion is required. Please discuss with the vet who is treating your animal.
Call to make an appointment
At Hawick Vets, we have invested in a range of state-of-the-art facilities which allow us to offer the best bespoke care solutions for our diverse customer-base in the Scottish Borders.
- Our in-house laboratory allows us to test and analyse a variety of samples rapidly – often within the same day. This means that we can treat your animal quickly and effectively, increasing the likelihood of a positive outcome.
- We also provide a range of surgical treatments, from routine neutering operations to more complex procedures in our fully-equipped operating theatre. High-quality anaesthetic and monitoring equipment keeps your pet safe and comfortable throughout procedures.
- If your pet needs an overnight stay following an operation or test, they’ll be well looked after in our dedicated inpatient accommodation that caters for all their needs. We have separate kennels for all sizes of dogs and a quiet cattery to minimise stress and anxiety for particularly sick or nervous patients.
- If your animal’s conditions dictates it, our digital radiography equipment provides the full picture quickly, so we can decide on a course of treatment or consult a specialist for a second opinion
- We also have modern ultrasound and endoscopy equipment that allows us to investigate the soft tissues inside your pet and check for any internal injuries or problems.
- Our prep room is fully equipped to carry out a range of minor procedures, dental work, as well as pre-operative anaesthetic procedures.